Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quote me! =D

HOLY COW!!!! *in Indian accent* Yes, cows are very holy in India. First of all, I would like to congratulate myself on passing 1,000 views on my blog!!! I know, it took me like forever, but I made it! I will say though, I am a little surprised at how popular my last post was. I posted my essay Music Changes the Brain on my blog (as well as reddit) and got 321 views in 24 hours. Now, for some of you more, well, experienced bloggers that might not be a lot, but when you're sitting at like 3 a day, 321 is a whole crapload. Oh and if any of you reddit.com fans are reading this (you came back!!!! <3) I would like to welcome you to my blog. I have to admit, though, it kind of creeps me out that at any time of day, there is someone reading my blog.

Now, just because I really have nothing else to talk about, I will look up random quotes and give my opinions on them.
image from here
"There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot" - Steven Wright. SOOOO TRUE!!! So, when I was a little kid, I used to go ice fishing with my dad and grandpa (here in the great white north aka Canada, there is very little fishing off shore because it's winter almost all year =D) Now, if you have never gone ice fishing, I will explain it to you. First of all, you drill a hole into the ice (duh). Then, since you can't see down the hole with the sun shining, you need a tent. And by tent, I mean a little cloth outhouse-looking thing with a hole in the bottom. Now, this "tent" is so small that there is only room for you and a 5 gallon pail you turn upside down to sit on. Then you put your line down the hole and..... and..... wait. In order to catch the fishes attention, you need to jiggle the line juuuuust so, but not to fast. And you can spend hours looking down this hole like a foot wide and never see a fish. It's quite impractical, really, seeing the size of the lake and lack of fish. Why would anyone expect a fish to swim exactly into there foot of lake they can see? Anyway, I used to go ice fishing a lot, and I think I have only ever caught about two fish. It makes you wonder how lonely people must be to go sit in a dark tent alone looking down a hole for hours.






Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes. HAHAHAHA THAT IS FUNNY! I think this is from Star Trek, although, I can't be sure because I don't watch Star Trek. Maybe it was actually in a movie of some sorts. Who knows? As for me, no comment.




And the last one of the day:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. - A. Whitney Brown Come on, who could hate plants? They give us oxygen! As for me, I eat meat cause it's really good and I couldn't live without it. And we need it for certain proteins and minerals and other stuff like that. So, if we are healthier when we eat meat, that must of been what God wants us to do, right?

3 comments:

The LIttle Bird said...

Ahaha. You are hilarious! Btw, how did you put the like button on?

Jen said...

I googled it =D Here's the website I found https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

Diana Dang said...

Congrats on the 1000 views :) And for pointers in terms of reviewing, just write your honest opinion on the book your review. ^^ Everyone has their own style just eventually over time you will develop your own style. (Just make sure to edit edit edit!) :D Good luck and thanks for the follow!

Look! I'm being all computer geeky!

Words on My Blog!

Wordle: Blogging