Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life's Precious Jewels

So, this evening at like 5:30, me and my sister found each other in the hallway getting ready to go to piano/dance and she stopped and said to me "I haven't seen you all day!! I like your hair." Now, this was really surprising, since we do live in the same house, and both of us were home at some point in the day. The only time I had had contact with her previously was while she was in the shower I needed to go in and get something or other. So, that thought was really saddening. I can live in the same house with my sibling and barely acknowledge her existence.
     And that got me thinking. I'm suspecting this happens in somebody's house somewhere around the world on a regular basis, maybe even when both people are in the house. I mean, my sister and I aren't especially buddy buddy or anything (some days far from it) but at least we talk once in a while. Even if it's just a "how was dance class?". So then, what about the siblings that haven't spoken to one another in years?? My dad's brother hasn't talked to him or his twin sister in like 25 years. How depressing! Or the people that have lost a sibling, or a parent, or a best friend, or a close co-worker, or a daughter, or a son, or a grandpa or a grandma and the list goes on!! When you think about it that way, how can you take for granted the precious gifts of life God has given us. It's better to show them how much you care now then regret doing it later when they have passed away or moved on.

How to change it: Ok, so today I have another challenge for you. With in the next 12hours you have to tell everyone one in your house that you care about them (unless of course, you live in a duplex.... then it might not be the case =P). And, I know you have all probably received emails/texts that say "I love you. Send this to 10 people that you love" but it's not the same. Not at all. Next step is to call 2 people you haven't talked to in a while. I know, you have been debating this for a long time, but today is the day. Or send them a letter. Not an email, a letter. L-E-T-T-E-R. Or a phone call. From your home phone so you can actually talk for a descent about of time.


Thanx for reading!!! See you next time!

No comments:

Look! I'm being all computer geeky!

Words on My Blog!

Wordle: Blogging