Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthdays!!!!

     Guess whose birthday it is today?!?! Nevermind, you are all really bad at guessing! *drumroll please* boom boom boom boom tap tap tap tap...... Mr. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!!!! Did you know he composed over 600 pieces of music? Amazing! What a guy! Ok, now you probably think I'm such a music freak that I know every composers birthday... but I don't! I swear, I heard it on the radio! Promise! Anyway, again you're probably sitting there in your un-dorkyness saying "Mozart? Are you kidding? I've never heard anything by Mozart that I can remember" Oh really now? I am 100% certain you have. And I KNOW you will recognize it.... It starts with a perfect 5th (not that you care...) and is to the same tune as the alphabet (which was made by someone AFTER Mozart) uhhh it talks about burning balls of gas far out in the universe.... light years away..... I'm sure you have it by now. Yes, Mozart wrote Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Who would of thought. But I don't think he made those words... Ok, and thank-you to wikipedia, I know now the full story! He original wrote a poem in French to go with it and for all of my French readers I will post it in
French first:
Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman,
Ce qui cause mon tourment.
Papa veut que je raisonne,
Comme une grande personne.
Moi, je dis que les bonbons
Valent mieux que la raison.

And now English:

Ah! I shall tell you, mum,
That which causes my torment.
Papa wants me to reason
Like an adult.
I say that sweets
Are better than reason.

Ah! I shall tell you mum
This which causes my torment.
Papa wants me to reason
Like an adult.
I say sweets
Are better reason

HAHAHA I think Mozart wrote that.... Oh and well I was on that website, it said that Twinkle Twinkle was originally a poem that "just happened to" fit exactly to Mozart's melody!!! Haha ok want to know the whole version? (compliments of wikipedia)

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky!

Repeat:
 *Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!*

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.
(*repeat)

Then the traveller in the dark,
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.
(*repeat)

In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.
(*repeat)

As your bright and tiny spark,
Lights the traveller in the dark,—
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

 I think it's funny that we have been (I tried to spell j-i-p-p-e-d but I couldn't really figure out how...) cheated out of childhood nursery rhymes! Gosh can't people get it right! So, this whole post was about the fact that today is Mozarts 255th birthday today! And to celebrate, I found this awesome video on YouTube. Enjoy!

No comments:

Look! I'm being all computer geeky!

Words on My Blog!

Wordle: Blogging