Friday, January 28, 2011

Pathetically...

I feel super pathetic.... need I explain? I know you already think such facts of me, but I have a reasonable explanation this time. So, today I had no school because it was semester break. Good for me, right? Anyway, we were suppose to have a basketball tournament but it got cancelled, for some unknown reason. Sadly, it was the principle of the middle school that called, so therefore, in my opinion, we have been demoted to a middle school team. We only have 3 grade 8's, I swear! The majority are still grade 9's..... anyway not the point. So, I really should have been doing something... well good with my time. No, of course not. Before I start though, I really must make a point of how much I hate reliance on technology. First of all, my friend called and the first thing she said was "did you get my message?" No, I didn't, because my phone was dead and when I plugged it in to it's charger, I didn't realize that the charger wasn't plugged into the wall. A little bit of a blonde move, if I do say so myself. Next, my mom and I were anxiously waiting for a phone call from my grandparents who were in Edmonton due to my grandmother deteriorating health and she was getting some tests leading to possible surgery.... and finally my grandfather phones and what does he say? "She sent Jen a text message saying you could call her at the hotel...." Well, sweatpants don't have pockets. And that was what I happened to put on today. Oh no, this isn't the first time this has happened. My mother's friend was in the ER, and after she called and asked for my mom, I decided to check my phone which had a "please tell you mom to check her email" then "it's really important" then on facebook message "I need to get a hold of you mom". A message to me when my mother has a perfectly good facebook account. Because I apparently check mine more. URGH!!! I'm so frustrated with all these "older generations" thinking us teens are connected and up-to-date and online every single fricken second!!! I get so frustrated, just because some days, I want to curl up and disconnect from the world in the comfort of my house.  But no, when that happens, the world collapses. I am "unreachable" and "missing". Congrats to the people smart enough to work a telephone or a doorbell. Do some people even realize that sometimes a warm hug or a pleasant surprise are more welcomed than a "heartfelt text message" or a facebook poke? I am tired of living in this day and age. Sure, I like to text my friends but half the time it's because we are making arrangements to find each other or they live far far away. Now, this post was originally suppose to be about how I sat down at the couch with a big bang theory disc (the show, not an educational lecture) at like.... 1:00 and I just pried my eyes off of it now (FYI, 8:00) Even during supper, my family joined me at the couch. Now I feel really pathetic for my wasted hours glued to the boob tube. (I think that's right, or else it would be really disgusting imagery if it wasn't. I think I'm going to play it safe and call it the blue tube.... =P) Ok, I am sincerely sorry for those of you that think I made a blog just to rant, because I truly didn't. I just needed to clear up some space in my head. Adios my amigos (I wanted to look up what my was in Spanish, but it turned out it was just my, so technically my Spanish still hasn't improved...)
Oh yeah and btw there is such a button. Not this exactly, but with privacy settings. Here you go, this is the message I got... FACEBOOK FYI: ALERT*As of YESTERDAY! NEW PRIVACY setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-Facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Enable." Go to Account>Privacy Settings>Applications and Websites>Instant Personalization>at bottom of page Edit Settings, and un-check "Enable". BTW if your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you. PLEASE COPY & REPOST. Just so you know ;)

No comments:

Look! I'm being all computer geeky!

Words on My Blog!

Wordle: Blogging